Position: Executive Director
Industry: Non-Profit – Affordable Housing
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Salary: $110,000 - $135,000
Omni Development Corporation is seeking a dynamic and resourceful leader to serve as the successor to the current Executive Director who is retiring. The new Executive Director will have the opportunity to lead this well-established, well-respected organization in continuing to meet the needs of low to moderate-income individuals in the community it serves. The position will manage and direct Omni Development Corporation toward its primary objectives, based on strategic plan, board approved budgets and by performing, the duties outlined below, whether personally or through subordinates. The ideal candidate will share in Omni’s passion for the mission that provides affordable housing.
Omni Development Corp. enjoys an outstanding and unique reputation within its service area and the region with its management of more than 1,000 units of affordable housing.
• Minimum of four years of experience in the housing, real estate, property acquisition, property management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience in securing collaborative grants through government and private foundations in the housing or related areas at the local, state and national level.
• Bachelor’s degree in organizational management, business administration, finance or related field.
• Demonstrated organizational leadership and administration experience in an organization (preferably non-profit) of comparable size and complexity; advanced management principles; strategic planning, internal/external communication, and knowledge of organizational dynamics, behavior and Human Resources.
• Financial experience with budgets, resource management, public and private, affordable housing finance mechanisms, including tax credit equity investment and regulatory structure for non-profit financial reporting requirements.
• Experienced in developing a diversification of revenues.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral with experience in public speaking.
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
• Provides leadership in the community on education and advocacy for the need/demands for affordable housing and the impact to those in need of stable housing.
• Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Sets the tone for the organizations culture.
• Reads, analyses, and interprets industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
Relationship Building/Community Development:
• Serves as the face of the organization by acting as its primary representative including public and community relations.
• Designates appropriate personnel for various organizations representatives on local/state committees, boards, coalitions, etc.
• Develops positive professional relationships with Board, staff, external stakeholders including appropriate communication and information sharing, accountability, reporting on organization affairs, and leveraging of Board/community relationships in the best interest of the organization and its clients.
• Builds and sustains positive relationships/coalitions and collaborates with key individuals, community groups, constituencies and partner organizations.
• Works with elected and appointed government officials at all levels.
• Public speaking in public policy advocacy that supports the organizations mission and promotes the interests of affordable housing in low income and underserved populations.
• Directs and oversees resource development and fiscal strategy for the organization to ensure sufficient resources are secured to support core lines of business.
• Develops, manages and evaluates projects/programs that demonstrate positive outcomes.
• Recruits, develops, coaches, motivates, retains and evaluates staff; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educate others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment free environment; strives to build a diverse workforce.
• Establishes and maintains standards for employee behavior.
• Creates an effective work environment in alignment with the organizations values and mission.
Communication both written and oral:
• Requires and supports effective internal communications.
• Responsible for formal and informal or external communication for the organization including media, community groups and leaders, affordable housing constituents, investors and lenders.
• Writes clearly and informatively; reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively presents information and responds to questions from the board, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Reports numerical data effectively.
• Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Provides direct supervision to senior management team.
• Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
This position will be the recognized face of the organization. Under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors, and the assistance of a seasoned staff, you will ensure the provision of quality services and housing to local citizens in need of decent and affordable places to call home. As the chief professional officer for Omni Development Corporation, you will oversee the annual budget, provide leadership and management of staff, oversee the implementation and quality of programs and services, ensure the continuance of resources including philanthropic and in-kind gifts, and run the day-to-day operations of the organization.
Omni Development Corporation is an affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Submit all resumes and letters of interest, including recommendations no later then February 1, 2018 directly to:
Omni Development Corporation
810 Eddy Street
Providence, Rhode Island
Laurence K. Flynn
President and Board Chairman
You may also e-mail your resume and letters of interest including recommendations to: firstname.lastname@example.org